Strong Interest Inventory®
For nearly 80 years, the Strong Interest Inventory® assessment has guided thousands of individuals in exploring careers and college majors. The Strong Interest Inventory® assessment is the most respected and widely used career planning instrument in the world.
The Strong Inventory® is a professional career interest inventory that is –
- Well researched and extensively validated
- Used by career coaches and college counselors worldwide
The Strong Interest Inventory® is an on-line Holland Code assessment that helps you identify -
Strong Interest Inventory® Overview
The results include –
- Scores on the level of interest on each of the six Holland Codes or General Occupational Themes. Holland Code Themes include – Realistic, Investigative, Artistic, Social, Enterprising, and Conventional.
- Scores on 25 Basic Interest Scales (e.g. art, science, and public speaking)
- Scores on 211 Occupational Scales which indicate the similarity between the respondent's interests and those of people working in each of the 211 occupations.
- Scores on 4 Personal Style Scales (learning, working, leadership, and risk-taking).
- Scores on 3 Administrative Scales used to identify test errors or unusual profiles.
Use the Strong Inventory®
- Explore and identify careers related to your interests
- Choose education and training options that match your interests and Holland Codes
- Understand how your personality is related to your interests
- Determine your preferred learning environment
- Understand your leadership, risk-taking, and teamwork preferences
- Improve career direction
- Focus on the future
- Find the dream job
- Achieve satisfaction in your work
The Strong Interest Inventory®
has six (6)
– Description of the interrelationship between Holland Codes and -
- Work activities
- Potential skills
- Personal values
Basic Interest Scales
– Identification of your Highest Holland Code Themes, Holland Theme Code, Standard Score, and Interest Levels
Basic Interest Scales point to work activities, projects, course work, and leisure activities that are personally motivating and rewarding.
The Interest Scale Levels are Very Little, Little, Moderate, high, and Very High.
Your Basic Interest Scales Report will give you your TOP FIVE Interest Areas and the Areas of Least Interest.
– Comparison of your likes and dislikes with those people who are satisfied
working in various occupations.
The Occupational Scales matches your interests to 122 occupations. Your score matched the likes and dislikes of people who are working in and are satisfied that career. The occupations are an example of a larger job cluster. The TOP TEN Occupations are the careers that most closely match your interests. Within each Holland Code Theme, you will find careers that you are Dissimilar, Midrange, or Similar to your score, likes, and dislikes.
Personal Style Scales – Description of relationship between Holland Code Themes, work styles, learning, risk taking, and team work. Examples of Personal Style Scales include –
- Working with People
- Enjoying helping others
- Preferring practical learning environments
- Preferring short-term training
- Taking charge of others
- Taking risks
- Making quick decisions
- Working on teams
– Overview of Your Highest Themes, Theme code, Top Five Interest Areas, Areas of Least Interest, Top Ten Strong Occupations, Occupations of Dissimilar Interest, and Personal Style Scales Preferences
Response Summary – Summary of the Occupations, Subject Areas, Activities, Leisure Activities, People, and Characteristics Sections. You receive information about the number of responses in each section that were Strongly Like, Like, Indifferent, Dislike, or Strong Dislike.
College Profile Report
The College Profile Report covers additional information, for example –
- Using Your Themes – Listing your Primary Theme or Holland Code
- Considering Themes of Greatest Interest to You – Definition, Descriptions, Preferences, and Typical College Majors
- Using Your Basic Interest Scales – Definition, Descriptions, Camps Organizations/ Activities, Internships/ Job Settings, and College Courses
- Using Your Occupational Scales – Top Strong Occupations, Theme Code, Educational Preparation, College Courses, and Related Careers
- Using Your Personal Style – The relationship of Personal Style Scale to Preferences and Activities
Standard, College, or High School Interpretive Reports
The Interpretive Report has the following additional information –
- General Occupational Themes – General Interests or Holland Codes
- Basic Interest Scales – Specific activities you might like to do at work and in your leisure time
- Occupational Scales – Occupational suggested by interests
- Personal Style Scales – Your preferred styles of working and learning
For the six Occupational Themes or Holland Codes, there are –
- Career fields
- Personal descriptors
- Leisure activities
- Career Motivators
- Motivator Combinations
- Action Steps
In the Basic Interest Scales areas, the report discusses –
- Top Strong Interest Areas
- The relationship between Basic Interest Scale, General Occupational Theme/ Holland Code, and Typical Interests and Activities
- Action Steps
The report outlines Similarity to Occupations.
Similarity to Occupations highlights –
- Top Strong Occupations
- The relationship between Occupations, Holland Theme Code, Typical Work Tasks, and Selected Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Action Steps
In Your Personal Style, the Interpretive Report uses the Personal Style Scale Preferences to provide suggestions about your Work Style, Learning Environment, Leadership Style, Risk Taking, and Team Orientation.
The Interpretive Report Summary provides an overview of the –
- Highest Themes
- Personal and Work Environment Descriptors
- Specific Interests for Work, Leisure, and Learning
- Careers that might be Most Appealing
- How you like to work and learn
The Interpretive Report also lists Action Steps and Helpful Resources.
Strong Interest Inventory® with Interpretive Report is an ON-LINE, Holland Code career self assessment test with Interpretive Report.
If you are ordering a test for someone else, please send an email to explorecareers at gmail.com.
Order the Strong Interest Inventory® with Interpretive Report. There are three (3) editions: Standard (Adults), High School, and College. This does not include the MBTI Report!
- Customer will receive User ID number and assigned password by the NEXT BUSINESS DAY.
- After completing inventory, customer will receive Reports within 24 to 48 hours.
CPP requires that you receive a free consultation with your purchase.
COST for Strong Interest Inventory®: $110/ Sale Price $90
Standard Edition for Adults with Interpretive Report
High School Edition with Interpretive Report
College Edition with Interpretive Report
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) & Strong Interest Inventory® Reports
Order the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) Report & Strong Interest Inventory®
Order the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) Career Report & Strong Interest Inventory®
Order the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) Career Report & Strong Interest Inventory® with High School Interpretive Report
Order the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) Career Report & Strong Interest Inventory® with College Interpretitive Report