Career Resources for Veterans
We have job transitioning resources for Veterans and Former Military. We have resources to help you successful transition to civilian and corporate jobs.
Step 1: Assess your interests, abilities, and skills.
Career tests help you find career job opportunities. Select an all -in-one package -
- Assessments - Interests, personality, skills, and values
- College bases based upon name of school, location of school, region in the USA, type of school, size and cost, major areas of study
- Career database - Career job finder, career job descriptions, career portfolio, and resume tutorial
Read about an all-in-one career exploration guidance programs for veterans: My Career Profile.
My Career Profile - A Holland Career Self Assessment Test
>The My Career Profile Guidance System comes with a -
- My Interests Inventory
- My Values
- My Skills Inventory
- My Personality Inventory
1. My Interests Inventory
The My Interests Inventory generates a 3-letter Holland Codes and provides Interest Level Scores for the six (6) Holland Personality Types.
Research a Career Tool
Use the Research a Career database to find information on 1200+ occupations. Each Occupational List provides information on -
- Working Conditions
- Interest (Holland Codes) Scores
- Areas of Study
- Training or Educational Levels
- School Search Tools
The Research a Career Tool allows you to research careers by name or Industry Group. The Industry Groups are -
- Architecture &
- Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media
- Building and Ground Cleaning and Maintenance
- Business and Financial Operations
- Community and Social Services
- Computer, Information Technology and Mathematics
- Construction and Extraction
- Education, Training and Library
- Farming, Fishing, and Forestry
- Food Preparation and Serving
- Healthcare Practitioners and Technology
- Healthcare Support
- Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
- Life, Physical, and Social Science
- Veterans/ Military
- Office and Administrative Support
- Personal Care and
- Protective Service
- Sales and Related
- Transportation and Materials
The Interests, Skills, Values, and Personality Inventories generate School Lists. The School Tool obtains school from a database of 6000+ post-secondary institutions. The School Tool searches for schools according to the following criteria -
- Name of School
- Location of School
- Region in the USA
- Type of School
- Size and Cost
- Major Areas of Study
All career and school lists can be printed and saved for future reference.
2. My Values Inventory
Find out the things that are important to you, for example -
- Helping Society
- Artistic Creativity
- Helping Others
- Risk Taking
- Working Outdoors
3. My Skills Inventory
Know the things that you are good at, for example -
- Communication Skills
- People Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Management Skills
- Creative and Artistic Skills
- Scientific Skills
4. My Personality Inventory
Discover your Personality. My Personality Inventory assesses your personality, matches occupations to your Personality, and generates Occupational Lists.COST
for My Career Profile
Order My Career Profile.
MY CAREER PROFILE is an ON-LINE, Holland Code career self assessment
test. When you complete your transaction, you will receive two e-mails. The first e-mail confirms payment received. The second e-mail lists the following information -
- Product Title
- Transaction ID
- MY CAREER PROFILE Web Site Link
- Our contact e-mail email@example.com
Please Note: Customer will receive User ID number and assigned password by the NEXT BUSINESS DAY.
Once you are transferred to the MY CAREER PROFILE web site, you enter your User Name and Password, and access to the web site is immediate.
Job Transition Web Sites for Veterans
Step Two: Use Job Transition Web Sites.
After you assess your interests and select a training programs, you can get more information from this veterans web site -
Job Transitioning for Veterans & Former Military has information about career and job sites geared especially for military personnel making the transition to civilian jobs.
The Key to Career Success campaign is a second
web site connects veterans and transitioning service members with high quality career planning, training, and job search resources available at local One-Stop Career Centers.
Please share this information with other veterans.