for Elementary/ Middle School
Career Awareness and Career Exploration
Are you looking for kid resources to introduce careers? Building career awareness is a fundamental step in helping a child unlock his or her potential. The elementary career education printable worksheets
learning techniques, and career test for kids that use colors to represent Holland Codes
and career opportunities .
The career education printable worksheets clarify thoughts, integrate new knowledge, and promote critical thinking. New concepts are more thoroughly and easily understood.
The worksheets organize and analyze information. Children, youth, and adults -
- See how Holland Codes are connected to careers
- Realize how careers can be grouped and organized
The Holland Codes for Kids System also improves –
- Attention Span and Concentration: holds audience's attention and helps people absorb information
- Memory Skills and Understanding: improves ability to absorb information
- Speed of Learning: reduces the time it takes to complete career tests.
Use the career education printable worksheets at -
- Boys and Girls Clubs
- YMCA/ YWCA Programs
- Afterschool Programs
- Kids Go To Work Days
- Career Days
- Summer School Programs
The Holland Codes for Kids System has an excellent printable worksheets and a career test for ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STUDENTS and for other people -
- Who are In ESL/GED programs
- Who have limited reading ability
- Who have limited knowledge of English
- Who are developmentally delayed
- Who are learning disabled
- Who have special needs
- Who have limited access to education
- Who are chronically unemployed
In 2013, Hollandcodes.com will launch a NEW virtual Holland Codes for Kids career awareness center for elementary and middle school students.
The Holland Codes for Kids Program has the following items -
- Careers Posters
- Color Key
- Printable worksheets
- Poster Analyzer
- Starter Kit
- Career Resource Guide
- Guide to Unlock Your Potential
- Unlock Your Treasure Chest Guide to Career Exploration
- Training Manual
- Flash Cards and Bingo Cards
- Additional Information Registration Form
- Virtual Kid Career Test System videos
Holland Codes for Kids Model
There are two versions – the RIASEC Version and the Children’s Version.
- The RIASEC Version is for Middle School students and uses the Self-Directed Search Career Explorer.
- The Children’s Version is for elementary students and uses poster activity.
· A = ARTISTIC
· A = ARTS
· E = ENTERPRISING
· B = BUSINESS
· C = CONVENTIONAL
· O = OFFICE
· S = SOCIAL
· P = PEOPLE
· I = INVESTIGATIVE
· S = SCIENCE
· R = REALISTIC
· T = TECHNICAL/ TOOLS
Holland Codes for Kids Career Posters
The Holland Codes for Kids Career Program uses self-by-step activities, printable worksheets, career games for Kids, and kids activities for career choices to highlight Holland Codes or Colors to Careers Codes. On each web page, you choose the careers that you like or are interested in.
At the end of the career poster printable worksheets, you summarize your results. The Summary Sheet printable worksheet identifies your Holland Codes.
The Holland Codes for Kids Career Program comes with a Career Model, Holland Code Descriptions, and Color Key. The Holland Codes for Kids Career Program is an excellent tool to introduce you to career exploration, Holland Codes, and Careers. The graphics hold your attention as you identify your career interests.
Over three hundred (300) Colors to Careers Posters feature graphics, Holland Codes, and Colors to Careers Codes. The Colors to Careers Posters are Easy Scoring. Using printable worksheets, you sort the posters quickly according to likes and dislikes. At the end of the poster sorting exercise, you will have your Holland Code and Colors to Careers Code. The posters are an excellent way to explore careers. The poster shows you’re the relationship between Holland Codes, Color-to Careers Codes, and careers.
Career Posters comes with -
- Children Version
- Leaders Version
- RIASEC Version
- Photo Posters
- Poster Card Instruction Sheet-2009 – Photo Version
- Poster Card Instruction Sheet-2009 – RIASEC Version
- Poster Card Instruction Sheet-2009 – Children Version
- Printable worksheets
Promotional Starter Kit
Use the Starter Kit to promote the Holland Codes for Kids Program.
The Starter Kit helps teachers, counselors, and parents prepare for a Paint Careers With Colors System. The Starter Kit has the following items –
- News Release
- Flyers for children
- Flyers for teachers, counselors, and parents
- Tent Cards
- Name Tags
- Stickers for Tent Cards and Name Tags
The flyers and News Release help to advertise the Program.
The News Release advertises the beginning of the Holland Codes for Kids Program. Send out the News Release prior to starting the system.
The Children’s and Adult’s Flyers provide information about the Holland Codes for Kids Program.
Use Name Tags and Tent Cards to identify children, students, teachers, counselors, or parents.
Individuals place stickers on Name Tags and Tent Cards. The Stickers lists the 6 Holland Codes. When the children or students have completed the Career Poster Exercise, they will be instructed to place the correct labels on their Name Tags and Tent Cards. The Stickers identify each individual’s Holland Codes.
Career Resource Guide
The Career Resource Guide (Internet Resources for Teachers, Counselors, Parents, Adults, and Teens) includes additional information from the following areas –
- Holland Code Career Assessment Activities
- Awareness, Assessment, and Knowledge Resources
- Career Exploration Sites
The Career Resource Guide (Internet Resources for Teachers, Counselors, Parents, Adults, and Teens) covers -
1. Look at Exploring Careers Web Sites
- Career Information
- Science Career Group
- Specific Careers — Science
2. Look at Exploring Careers Books
Guide to Unlock Your Potential Curriculum
This Guide to Unlock Your Potential Curriculum provides strategies –
- To motivate students to expand their knowledge of themselves and the world of work
- To empower students with the skills, knowledge, and support they need to enhance their career and personal development
- To encourage the discovery and refinement of students’ work values,
interests and skills, as well as their academic and career planning
The contents of the Guide to Unlock Your Potential Curriculum are -
3. Career Exploration
- Three Steps Within the Career Planning and Exploration Process
- Step One: Awareness, Knowledge and Assessment
- Step Two: Education and Occupational Exploration
- Step Three: Career Planning
- Career Exploration and Planning
- Areas Influencing Career Planning and Exploration
- Expanded List of Areas Influencing Career Planning and Exploration
- Career and Vocational Knowledge
- Different Occupational Areas
- Career Exploration Exercise Results
- Additional Career Websites
Unlock Your Treasure – Children
The Children’s version of the Unlock Your Treasure Chest Guide to Career Exploration is used in conjunction with the Self Directed Search Career Explorer and the Holland Codes for Kids (Children's and RIASEC Version).
The Unlock Your Treasure Chest Guide to Career Exploration has 3 sections:
- Guide to Exploring Careers
- Internet Resources for Teachers, Counselors, Parents, Adults, Kids and Children
- Visual Aids or Screenshots from the Unlock the Treasure Chest Guidebook
The Unlock Your Treasure Chest Guide to Career Exploration is for kids and children who need a manual that will guide them through the steps of exploring careers.
The topics included in the Unlock Your Treasure Chest Guide to Career Exploration are:
- Learning about Yourself
- Find the Secret Code
- Understand the Secret Code – The Holland Code
- Find Your Career Group
- Identify Careers Using Paint Careers With Colors System
- Identify Careers Using the Self Directed Search Career Explorer
- Explore Careers Using Career Web Sites
- Explore Career Using Career Books
The Training Manual provides detailed step-by-step
instructions and printable worksheets to administer and implement the different aspects of the
Paint Careers With Colors System. The Training Manual covers the following areas –
1. Introduction (For Parents, Teachers, & Counselors)
2. Paint Careers With Colors System –
- Career Test
- Color Key
- Printable worksheets
3. Awareness & Assessment: Teacher, Counselor, & Parent Guide
- 3 Ways To Choose a Right Career Test For Your Child or Student
- Holland Career Self Assessment Tests
- Features Of Career Self Assessments Tests
- Printable Worksheets
4. Guide To Exploring Careers – For Children
- Learning About Yourself
- Day One: Meet Your Guides and Get Your Map
- Day Two: Meet John Holland, a Great Explorer
- Day Three: Find The Secret Code
- Day Four: Understand The Secret Code – The Paint Careers With Colors Code
- Day Five: Find Your Career Group
- Day Six: Get Your Holland Code.
- Day Seven: Get Your Career List
- Day Eight: Look at Exploring Careers Web Sites
- Day Nine: Look at Exploring Careers Books
5. Career Posters – Keys To Explore Holland Codes, Paint Careers With Colors Codes, and Careers
6. Day Ten: Look at Career Posters
7. Paint Careers With Colors Career Posters
- Preparation For Career Poster Printable Worksheets
- Sorting By Likes And Dislikes
- Summary Sheet
- Final Review
- Highest Code Letters
8. Starter Kit
9. Visual Aids Or Screenshots For Teachers, Counselors, Or Parents
10. Flash Cards
Flash Cards and Bingo Cards Sets
The purpose of the Flash Cards and Bingo Cards are to help the students:
- Discover their interests, abilities, and skills.
- Find out what makes their personality tick.
- Explore careers with middle school students, children, and kids.
- Link careers to interests, abilities and skills.
Flash Card Set has -
- Flash Cards – Adults Version
- Flash Cards - Children Version
There are different versions for the program -
- Program With Samples - Holland 101
- Teacher Tools - Holland 102
- Kid Zone (Student Activities) - Holland 103
For more information, join the Holland Codes Resource Network.
Read about other